Who or What is Your Golaith?

Share your inspirational stories

Who or What is Your Golaith?

Postby JAnnJ » June 6th, 2009, 1:24 pm

Who or what is your Goliath?

Life is full of changes, they can happen in an instant or over a period of time, but change is inevitable.

These changes can catch us off guard, bring about very uncomfortable feelings. They could be to do with a person in your life, change in personal circumstances or a fresh challenge ahead. Either one of these can bring about fear.

I write this, as I too face an enormous challenge ahead. I am leaving my home to go abroad for a month. I am going alone on the journey and do not really know what will happen. This morning fear really struck me to the core.

The Lord then reminded me of the story of David and the Goliath. Just remembering the story in the bible gave me hope and confidence. I decided to do a little research myself. I haven’t read the story for a while and thought it would be good to read it again.

David, out looking after his sheep, a humble shepherd, was called to visit his brothers out on the battle field where they were being taunted by the giant Philistine, Goliath. Not only was this man a physically impressive, but the mere presence of him brought shudders to the Israelites. Fear! Such a great enemy!

“When Saul and all Israel heard those words of the Philistine, they were dismayed, and greatly afraidâ€
JAnnJ

Re: Who or What is Your Golaith?

Postby Abigail » June 7th, 2009, 1:15 am

Beautifully written, Jacqui. Welcome back!
Abi

God said it. He does not lie. That settles it!
http://ourbeitshalom.wordpress.com/
Abigail

Postby rib » June 11th, 2009, 7:07 am

I love this story here is David just being obedient to his father, doing a chore when God uses him, how often are we used just being what God made us when we discover a need that requires us to use the relationship God created for his glory
rib

Postby Charles-and-Ness » June 13th, 2009, 12:56 pm

Do you know why David picked up five stones before he faced Goliath?  Not because he was afraid of missing his first four time, but I've been told by Biblical scholars that Goliath had FOUR brothers!  He was ready to take on the whole family if he needed to!  >:(
"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose"   Jim Elliot  (Missionary and martyr to the Acca Indians in South America).

In His service,

Charles E. B.
Charles-and-Ness

Return to Stories