The Eternal "Stench" of Sin

Share your inspirational stories

The Eternal "Stench" of Sin

Postby Charles-and-Ness » January 8th, 2007, 2:43 pm

Like the color of praise, God also later gave me an insight into the "stench" of sin.  Darkness is not real--it is just the absence of light which has real volume and energy and power such as a laser (which is merely concentrated light) and can even burn through steel.  Sin is much like that (the simple absence of righteousness), except it's grotesquely "real" to God and to the damned in Hell as well.  It is the absence of purity and all that is good in the universe, but it has a substance much like tar and thick rotten fish oil that can't be washed off.   :-X

As pure and lovely as praise is to God, sin is repulsive.  Just as the clothes we will wear in heaven are pure, white, and luminus, reflecting the "righteous acts of the saints" as it says in God's Word, the opposite is true in Hell.  Whatever clothes, or even our nakedness, or whatever covers us (our sticky sins), will be repulsively fetid and nausiating in proportion to the purness of our reignment in Heaven.

Sin has a sticky thick filth that cannot be removed by anything but the blood of Christ through repentance.  Imagine wallowing in filthy rotting fish oil and human excrement mixed with tar--covering your whole body and your clothes and your hair---that is sin, and unless you repent, you will smell and FEEL your sins when your soul leaves your body, covering you.  This is why the righteous acts of the saints are referred to as a pure and white robe, given to them from Christ.  The filth of sin is taken away, and pureness is given in exchange.

I also realized that different sins have different smells, but all are a think black greenish tar that covers you.  I asked specifically, "Lord, what is the smell of murder like?" and he said, "It's the smell of blood."  So, if you murder and do not repent, you will smell blood eternally---fetid, and rotting--covering your soul and your eternal body in damnation.  You will remember the act of murder, and all your other sins over and over again and again, and everytime you rejected Christ on earth.  You never sleep, never have peace, never stop being hungry and thirsty and in pain (something I heard from another person whom God revealed Hell's agonies too as well)--and you never stop smelling and feeling your "sins".  That's part of Hell; the way I understand it.

I am persuaded that not even the Lake of Fire mentioned in the Book of Revelation can wash away the stench of your sins.  Besides the eternal sensation of burning, you have the eternal nauseating stench of sin filling your nostrils, and you NEVER NEVER NEVER get used to it!  That is how serious sin is in God's eyes.   :-[

There is but one and only one thing that can cleanse a soul from the filth of eternal sin, and that is the blood of Christ Jesus.  Your sins are not just covered by the robe of righteousness and the blood of Christ, they are truly removed from you entirely and not remembered or held against you any longer.  This cleansing can only come through repentace and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  The blood of Christ truly does wash whiter than snow (just as the old song says) and is the only thing that can wash away the eternal "stench" of sin.   :)
Last edited by Charles-and-Ness on April 19th, 2009, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose"   Jim Elliot  (Missionary and martyr to the Acca Indians in South America).

In His service,

Charles E. B.
Charles-and-Ness

Re: The Eternal "Stench" of Sin

Postby jordan and diane » February 24th, 2007, 7:35 am

WOW Charles!!!  I thought I had read ALL of the posts, but somehow I missed this one.  I was overwhelmed with your descriptions of sin and unrepentence!  This is amazing insight Charles, and God has clearly provided these insights to you.  With you having described the lifestyles of some of Ness's relatives, and knowing that the two of you (Matthew to) are exposed to that "rottenness" every day, I am in 'awe' of how the two of you cope with the sin around you daily...but yet I KNOW that God's hand is upon you. 

I have no doubt that you are a 'light that blinds those who are in darkness'.  Thank you so much for sharing this.  Diane and I continue to pray for you Charles, and Ness, and Matthew.

Jordan and Diane
jordan and diane

Postby Abigail » February 25th, 2007, 3:24 am

This is very powerful imagery. Wow!

Shalom and blessings, bro!
Last edited by Anonymous on February 25th, 2007, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abi

God said it. He does not lie. That settles it!
http://ourbeitshalom.wordpress.com/
Abigail

Postby Charles-and-Ness » March 7th, 2009, 11:35 am

Now, over two years after I first wrote about this insight, I had forgotten much of it.  I'm glad I had written down this insight as I really think it was insight from the Lord.  Just as the clothes we will wear in heaven are pure, white, and luminus, reflecting the "righteous acts of the saints" as it says in God's Word, the opposite is true in Hell.  Whatever clothes, or even our nakedness, or whatever covers us (our sticky sins), will be repulsively fetid and nausiating in proportion to the purness of our reignment in Heaven.

Charles Buffington
March 2009
"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose"   Jim Elliot  (Missionary and martyr to the Acca Indians in South America).

In His service,

Charles E. B.
Charles-and-Ness

Re: The Eternal

Postby Charles-and-Ness » September 18th, 2010, 1:47 pm

I believe this really was an insight from the Lord, and was very strong when I first received it. As pure as we are in Christ in Heaven, the equal and opposite is true in Hell; vialness eternally. Something very much to be avoided at all costs through repentance and faith in Christ alone now.
Charles-and-Ness

Return to Stories